Which trait of you do your friends like the best, kindness, cheerfulness, or intelligence?
When students have questions about an assignment for class, some prefer to ask the professor for help, others prefer to ask other students in the class for understanding the assignment. Which one do you prefer? Explain why.
The university is planning to build a new cafeteria near the library to help students get access to food easier and take a break to talk with friends.
【学生态度】：The man agrees with the plan.
1. It saves a lot of time for students to go to the cafeteria;
2. And it offers students a place to finish group projects, because discussion is not allowed in the library.
Question: Explain the man’s opinion and why he holds that opinion.
When a person is already considered as competent, people will admire him or her more if he or she makes minor mistakes.
A group of people watch two video clips, in which the same person answers the same questions except for one difference.
In the first video, the man answered all the questions correctly. In the second video, the man also answered all the questions correctly, but spilt a cup of coffee on his shirt. And people tend to prefer the man in the second video.
【学生困难】：The funding for school newspaper has been reduced and the cost of paper has gone up.
【解决方案】：The woman suggests two possible solutions.
The first one is to cut down pages of domestic and international news.
The second one is to print fewer copies and encourage students to share the newspaper each other.
【讲课要点】：The professor talks about two ways for the birds in the desert to cool down.
The first way is to use the power of wind. When desert birds get hot, they can make their feathers straight up away from their bodies, exposing some of the skin under the feathers. This allows the breeze to hit their skin and it cools their bodies down.
The second way is to direct more blood to the featherless parts. For instance, if desert birds start to overheat, more blood will flow to the featherless legs and feet, and the blood near the skin surface will get cooled.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It’s important to be polite and behave well. Use details and examples to explain your answer.
Which do you prefer while watching movies or television: talking with family members or friends or keeping quiet during the movie/TV?
The school plans to cancel the tutorial lessons for engineering freshman for two reasons.
1. a lack of volunteer tutors;
2. no clear evidence shows that the tutorials can help improve the learning of students;
【学生态度】：The woman holds a negative idea.
1. PhD candidates in engineering department can play the role. This will not take them a lot of time, and they are knowledgeable;
2. The tutorials benefit the students a lot. Students can have a better understanding of the textbooks and reading assignments.
Question: Explain the woman’s opinion and why she holds that opinion.
Social behavior training:
Adults perform social behavior and make their children imitate the behavior. Then the children know how to perform social behavior.
The professor gives an example of himself. He once taught kids painting in the kindergarten, and a little girl Mary needed red crayon while there was no red crayon in her box, so she just grabbed one from a little boy Paul. Then the professor demonstrated her how to borrow things from others politely. From then on, Mary learned to borrow things politely from others.
【学生困难】：The man has a physics examination tomorrow, and he plans to have group work with his classmates tonight. But an author will make a presentation at the same time.
【解决方案】：There are two solutions.
1. does not go to the presentation
2. listen to the presentation and prepare for the exam after the presentation
【讲课要点】：two ways that animals use to survive during dry season:
1. Special physical characteristics: The big-sized and sharp tusks of elephants allow them to eat barks on the top of the trees that can store water.
2. Special behavior: Some wild beasts can migrate to north where there is sufficient food and water.